Things to Know About Your Procedure
PRIOR TO YOUR PROCEDURE...
Please read your instruction packet several days in advance to ensure you understand all of the steps.
Please follow the instructions you were given by your physicians' office. Your digestive system must be properly prepared for the examination in order for your physician to be able to do a proper and complete exam. If you have any questions about the prep you were given, please contact your physicians' office.
ON THE DAY OF YOUR PROCEDURE...
Please arrive at the Center at least 1 hour PRIOR to your appointment time. This time is used for registration and pre-operative processing. Please bring your recent insurance card and a picture ID. Any other personal belongings should be left at home or with your driver. This includes all metal and/or jewelry. The Center is not responsible for any lost items that are brought into the Center.
Every patient MUST have a driver to take them home that is 18 years old or older. We will verify that driver before your procedure can begin. You may NOT take a taxi home. You will be at the Center, approximately 1,1/2 hours from the time you are taken into the pre-operative area until you are ready to return home. Of course we cannot predict the occasional delay in our daily schedule and will keep you and your driver informed of any change in schedule. The physicians and staff make every attempt to keep on schedule.
On the upper right hand corner you will find four sheets.
- The first sheet is the Patient Instruction sheet for the Center. Please sign and bring with you on the day of your procedure.
- The second sheet is the Patient Provided Health/History Information. This will allow us to review current and past health issues that may impact your procedure and any past concerns with anesthesia.
- The third sheet is the Medication List. Please list any medications you are taking, along with the dosage, route (how the medication is taken; ex. pill, injection), how often, indication (what the medication is taken for), and the last time you took the medication.
- The fourth sheet is the Patient Demographic Sheet. This sheet allows us to collect your demographic and insurance information. Please make sure the correct address and insurance information are filled in.
Before you arrive for your procedure, please have the following information:
- The date of your scheduled procedure.
- The name of the doctor performing the procedure.
- The name, address, and phone number of your referring physician or your Primary Care Physician.
- The name and phone number of the person driving you home (found on the Patient Provided Health/History Sheet).
- The name and dosage of ALL medications you are currently taking.
All of these questions will assist us in making your visit to our Center a pleasant visit.